Embark on your Self-Guided Walking Tour around Telok Ayer - Learn more about the picturesque places of worship, Telok Ayer!
Explore Telok Ayer on a specially curated self-guided mobile tour with LocoMole app. Did you know that before Chinatown, there was Telok Ayer? Telok Ayer was the original area allocated to the Chinese community in Sir Stamford Raffles 1822 Plan for the Town of Singapore.
Set off from any 11 hotspots listed in our Telok Ayer tour as you wish to and explore at your convenience! Simply download LocoMole in Apple App Store or Google Playstore and select the tours you’re interested in or that you have purchased for and you’re ready to go!
Retrace the footsteps of Singapore’s early migrants as you explore this relaxing food and history trail!
What to expect that is different for our self-guided mobile tours?
Hotspots You’ll Visit
- Check out sculptures showcasing the lives of early immigrants at this little green enclave!
- Learn about the history and heritage of Indian Muslims in Singapore at this dainty museum!
- Retrace the dreams, struggles, achievements and contributions of Hokkien
immigrants over the last two hundred years through
a 43m wall!
- Experience a slice of Singapore’s past, preserved in the very structure and soul of this temple!
- Explore Singapore’s only musical box museum and a wonderful Peranakan café await you in this cozy pavilion!
- Check out My Awesome Café, formerly the premises of the Chung Hwa Free Clinic, a non-profit TCM clinic that treated the sick residents of Telok Ayer!
- Take a break from the city in this tranquil park, or hang out on the bohemian Club Street!
- Eat to your hearts’ content at the legendary Maxwell Food Centre, a gastronomical paradise for fans of local hawker fare!
- If you ever wondered about Singapore’s urban planning… Singapore City
Gallery answers all your questions about
- Learn about the first Protestant church dedicated to the Singaporean Chinese community, a national monument.
- Enjoy a wallet-friendly meal in this two storey mouth-watering Singaporean cuisines await you at Amoy Street Food Centre!