DAY 1 - Arrival in Faro
DAY 2- Rocha Delicada Walk
- This walk is centered on the Alvor estuary. This protected natural haven
contains a wide array of habitats. The walk uses quiet paths and lanes to take
us through a variety of landscapes from salt marshes, farmland, pastures and
orchards. We can contemplate the ever-changing shades of blue and green along the
secluded inner lagoon, as well as the beautiful Rocha Delicada (‘Delicate’ or
‘Elegant Rock’), an ochre promontory formed during the Miocene period.
Embedded in its calcareous rock face, it is possible to detect some marine
fossils from this remote period, mainly composed of oyster, scallop and clam
DAY 3 - Ferragudo Walk
- From Ferragudo´s Light House we follow a stunning coastline westwards to
Portimão & Praia da Rocha. We visit en route the charming and very traditional
village of Ferragudo before continuing into Portimão itself to finish at the
stunning Praia da Rocha.
DAY 4 - Figueira Walk
- This imaginatively designed walk enables us to visit and appreciate an area
hidden from normal tourism, giving us an insight into the traditional
Algarvian way of life as we walk through ancient farmland, smallholdings and
the “dry” orchards so typical of this area, to finish in the attractive
village of Mexilhoeira Grande.
DAY 5 - Free day
- This is an ideal opportunity to relax and enjoy the attractions of the
Algarve. You can walk/tour independently, or visit local places of interest.
DAY 6 - Alvor Rocha Walk
- Fantastic coastal walk taking in the superb sandy beaches and dramatic
headlands between Alvor and Portimão, including the much-photographed beach at
Praia da Rocha. The rock strata are particularly varied and very colorful, from white
limestone to red sandstone. These different rocks support a wide variety of
flora and, in spring, there are impressive displays of wildflowers.
DAY 7 - Vale de Lama
- Starting from the village of Odiáxere we walk through gentle countryside to
the salt pans on the Alvor Estuary with its abundant bird life. We then
parallel the extensive Lagos beach where, at any time, we can drop down to the
sea for a rest and a swim. We crown the day with a visit to Lagos with its
beautiful waterfront and old historic center.
DAY 8 - Individual departure or extra days
- At a convenient time, departure to Faro Airport / Faro Train station / Faro Bus