Sintra Private Tour with Historian Miguel Boim
If you're a lover of history and enjoy ancient architecture this tour is four you. Portugal offers multiple opportunities for active outdoors. Sintra is within an easy reach from Lisbon, so don't miss one of this opportunity. Renew your energy with the help of stunning landscapes and cozy narrow streets of Sintra.
With this tour two main things are intended: that you can absorb true history (and the curious tales from it) through the eyes and words of Sintra's foremost independent history researcher, as well as take back with you the memory of lovely images and sensations.
You'll be picked up at Sintra's train station, around 9 a.m.
This tour includes tickets to Sintra's monuments, accompanied every step of the way by
a historian, as well as lunch in a traditional place, where you can truly taste Portugal's gastronomy. So you don't need to worry about anything at all.
- Quinta da Regaleira (1h30) - That's our first stop. At Quinta da Regaleira you'll witness the masonic imaginary that has for so long captivated people - additionally, you'll hear the counter facts that show you more than any touristic approach. The Historian accompanying you will take you through the
most interesting places in the gardens, such as the famous initiation well.
- Palácio de Monserrate - from the exterior.
- Cabo da Roca (40m) - Yes, you will also be taken to the westernmost point of Europe. At Cabo da Roca you will see the Atlantic Ocean and learn how the pirates and corsairs avoided the shore's proximity (and why).
- Praia da Adraga (2h) - You'll be able to see Praia da Adraga and have lunch near Almoçageme. Your lunch is included in the tour and its main purpose is for you to taste Portugal's traditional gastronomy (instead of fast and touristic food).
- Convento dos Capuchos (1h) - In this place, where bedrooms look like very small dungeons or graves, Miguel Boim will tell you about some of the habits the friars observed, as well as some of the religious phenomena registered in religious chronicles written over three centuries ago.
- Chalet da Condessa D'Edla (30m).
- Parque e Palácio Nacional da Pena (2h) - Upon leaving the Chalet da Condessa we will cross Pena Park, where your Historian will point out to you a few of its most interesting angles. This will help you better understand all the Romantic imaginary on which Pena was built upon in the 19th century.
- By the end of the Park, we will reach Pena Palace (19th century), and you'll visit its interior and get to know what existed there before (from the 16th century), and before that (from the 8th century, according to folk tradition).
- After visiting the palace we'll begin our way back to the train station, hoping this day in Sintra has left an impression in your heart.
- Sintra Train Station - that's our place of delivery. Although parting from you, we hope you'll take Sintra and the memories of the day with you in your heart.
- Admission to all attractions
- Ground transportation
- English-speaking historian/guide
- Age limit 7 years
- Good for a small group experience
- Good for corporate vacation
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.