Coffeeshop History And Culture Walking Tour
Save yourself the hassle of hunting for the best coffee shops when in Amsterdam. Instead, enjoy a local’s insight into tourist-favorite coffeeshops on this specialized walking tour with a born-and-raised Amsterdammer guide. Gain an insight into the history and culture of these infamous spots which most travelers wouldn’t learn alone, chat with a coffee shop owner, and visit the world’s biggest coffee shop, as well as a smaller, hidden one.
- First stop is a small (hidden) coffee shop
- Amsterdam’s most famous street which had a major hard (and soft!) drugs problem in the seventies and early eighties
- A new style coffee shop (dispensary style) with merchandise discounts
- The world’s largest coffeeshop
- The roots of The Jordaan
- The house (place of birth) of one of Freddy Heineken´s (Heineken beer) kidnappers in 1983
- Refreshment stops in Amsterdam´s best coffee shops
- Meet and greet coffeeshop owners and authentic Amsterdam locals
- During this coffee shop walking tour we will also pass by some interesting non-coffeeshop related Amsterdam gems where we will pull over and take some photos.
- Admission to all attractions
- Ground transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.