Ice Cave Excursion
Come with us on a great adventure in a breathtaking glacier landscape with fantastic photo opportunities. We will show you the most interesting glacier features and ice caves in the area – even if it takes a little bit more time and effort.
Our journey to the glacier starts with a glacier hike on one of Vatnajökull outlet glacier, Breiðamerkurjökull. The glacier hike offers majestic panoramic views and a close encounter with Vatnajökul, the biggest attractions in Iceland.
The Iceguide crew is one of the most experienced and also the pioneers in ice cave tours in Iceland and our goal is to offer high-quality personal service and a great experience for smaller groups.
Iceguide is a local company and we have tremendous knowledge of the area. All of our tours are led by experienced and certified glacier guides.
- Ice axe
- Age limit is 16 years old
- A moderate level of fitness is recommended
- Base layer (shirt and long johns) synthetic or wool, mid layer such as good sweater,wool or fleece.
- Mid layer such as fleece jacket,thick wool garment, primaloft jacket or similar. Second midlayer can be added for colder days. Hiking pants, fleece or softshell or similar.
- Waterproof breathable jacket lke Gore-tex jacket and pants or similiar.
- Good thermal headwear and gloves.
- Socks, synthetic or wool.
- Small backpack (Can be handy to carry camera, rain gear and all extras).
- Good hiking boots are essential.The boots should be high enough to provide good ankle support. We have some collection of shoes for rent, price 2000 ISK. Contact us for further information
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 1 week in advance of the start of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.