The Eyjafjallajökull Volcano takes you up the famous volcano that erupted in 2010 and became a breaking news story in a matter of minutes, grounding multiple flights across Europe in the process. This particular tour involves a ride in a 4x4 super jeep, glacier walks, and you'll enjoy spectacular views over the south coast of Iceland.
- Eyjafjallajökull is a glacier that erupted in 2010 and caused massive disruption to flights planned all over Europe due to the ash that was released into the atmosphere. The eruption occurred in the top crater of the glacier which caused ice to melt, and rivers to flood down the slopes of the glacier. This tour takes you up to these very slopes in a highly equipped 4x4 Super Jeep where you will enjoy a spectacular view over the surrounding area and nearby Westman Islands. From there, we will go and explore the wonders that are to be found on the glacier.
- Guided service
- Light lunch
- Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants
- Headwear, gloves, and snacks
- Good hiking shoes are recommended!
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.
- Gljúfrabúi base, road 249.