Day 1: Tbilisi- Enguri Dam -Mestia
Driving Distance 460 km, Duration 8 hours
- Tbilisi-Enguri Dam: We will meet at your hotel and drive to Svaneti which is an outstanding example of an exceptional mountain landscape composed of highly preserved villages with unique defensive tower houses, examples of ecclesiastical architecture and arts of medieval origin. Visit the Museum of History and ethnography and Svanetian Architectural Museum in Mestia and explore the small town by walking into the narrow streets, visiting small cafes and local souvenirs shops.
Day 2: Mestia-Ushguli -Mestia
Driving Distance 92 km, Dur. 5 hours, Walking Dist. 16 km, Dur. 5 hours
- We will travel to the Ushguli which is located at the foot of mount Shkara and at the confluence of the rivers Enguri and Kvishiri. The highest permanent settlement in Europe (2200 m) with the outstanding mixture of the mountainous landscape and the medieval-type towers and churches will astonish visitors. Here you will visit the Ushguli Ethnographic museum located in the 12th-century old Svanetian tower-house. Wee also visit a medieval Lamaria church ( of the assumption of the Mother of God). Afterward, you can take an optional hike to the Shkhara glacier.
Day 3: Mestia-Koruldi Lakes-Mestia
Walking Distance 18 km, Starting elevation 1,695 m, ending elevation 1460,
maximum elevation 2500 m
- We start hiking in the early morning. We hike up towards mount Ushba and reach the alpine lake of Koruldi. Koruldi Lake is a small alpine lake but is surrounded by great impressive mountainous peaks including Ushba. Afterward, we hike back to Mestia.
Day 4: Mestia- Mazeri – Ushba Waterfalls-Mazeri-Mestia
Walking Distance 14 km, 7 hours, Starting elevation 1,648 m, Maximum elevation
2113m, 506 Up, 506 m Down
- We will drive to Mazeri village from Mestia (40 minutes), and start our hiking from Grand Hotel Ushba. The path passes mineral water springs, a small church with the picturesque location, beautiful meadows, and then ascends slowly in the path of beautiful pine forests until it reaches the border post from where the last ascent starts. The trip is 7km long and takes around 3-4 hours one way. Afterward, we travel back to Mestia.
Day 5: Mestia- Chalaadi Glacier –Tbilisi
Driving Distance 480 km, 8 hours, Walking Dist. 5 km, duration 3 hours
- After an energizing breakfast and morning beverages, we travel to the Chalaadi glacier. We will follow upstream of the Mestiachala river and after 1,5 km, we reach our finish, a place where the river is born. Afterward, we travel to Tbilisi.