Kakheti’s famous medieval monasteries, legenerary wines, and rolling green valleys await, just begging to be explored. A guided tour makes it easy to see the best of Kakheti in one day, starting with hotel pickup, continuing to must-see attractions such as the Bodbe Monastery, the city of Signagi, and Kvareli Lake, and completing with a picture-perfect sunset on a scenic mountain road. Tour pickup is from your accommodation in Tbilisi.
1. Pick up from your hotel
2. Bodbe monastery - a beautiful convent with one of the main Christian relicts - the tomb of St. Nino. Try the confectionary made by nuns.
3. Signagi - the city of love located on a hill, overviewing the Alazani valley and the Great Caucasus. Walk through the small streets, see the old church, the impressive defense wall and discover the true story behind "1000000 of roses".
4. Visit a traditional family-run winery, learn about the origins of Georgian winemaking and why Georgia is called "the cradle of wine". Taste wines and chacha.
5. Kvareli lake - favorite SPA resort of Georgians. Hidden between green hills, the lake is a famous, yet less frequented spot where you can relax and enjoy not only the views but also the food. A dinner of traditional Georgian dishes is waiting for you.
6. Nekresi monastery - a fairy-tale like monastery from the Middle Ages in the middle of the Alazani valley.
7. Gombori pass - enjoy the sunset on the scenic mountain road to Tbilisi