The Arctic E-Fatbike Challenge To The Top Of Finland
Join a unique multi-day electric fat bike tour in Finnish Lapland to the top of Halti Fell (1328 m), the highest point of Finland! Pedal a powerful electric fat bike on snow, enjoy the challenge and the rewarding views awhile crossing the border deep into Norway, too!
- Finland's wild northwestern-most corner, known as the arm, offers the most mountainous scenery in the whole of Finnish Lapland. Halti Fell, the highest peak of Finland (1328 m), can be reached on an electric fat bike in April when the crust usually makes the snow rideable. It takes some 55 km of cycling to reach the top of Halti from the tour's starting point, Kilpisjärvi village. This might not appear a huge distance, but the Arctic conditions and the gentle-yet-long ups and downs make it a proper challenge. The route across the endless snowfields follows a snowmobile track. This is a safe once-a-lifetime trip for the adventurous traveler not afraid of physical effort!
- Transportation from and to Tromsø, Norway
- Accommodation in a double room in Kilpisjärvi (2 nights)
- Dormitory accommodation in wilderness huts (5 nights)
- Premium electric fat bike rental and gear, such as helmet
- Touring sled rental (adapted to the fat bike)
- Wilderness skiing equipment rental
- English-speaking wilderness guide
- Snowmobile and sled backup from Kilpisjärvi
- Satellite telephone
- Minimum height of 155 cm for the smallest electric fat bike (size S)
- Participants must arrive prepared with suitable clothing for cold, changeable weather. Layers required. Please note that weather conditions change very quickly.
- All personal clothing and equipment should fit into a 50 liter waterproof duffel bag.
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 1 week in advance of the start of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.