Kalevala Ski Tour
Cover 150 km in five skiing days. This ski tour takes you to the forests of northeast Finland, close to the Russian border, where nature lays under a thick cover of snow making it a place of peace and spectacular beauty.
The route passes through the extensive nature reserve of Kalevala Park, where the geography is dominated by hills, forests, mires, lakes, and rivers.
The accommodation is at cozy, small, family-run lodges. Every night you get to enjoy a Finnish sauna, delicious dinners, as well as the hospitality of the local people.
Daily stages of the tour average 30 km, covering 150 km in five skiing days.
- 6 nights accommodation in 2–4 person rooms with shared facilities (on days 1 and 2 some rooms with private facilities available)
- 6 x breakfast, 4 x outdoor lunch and 1 x lunch, 6 x dinner, 5 x afternoon coffee/tea with snack
- English speaking skiing guide
- Snowmobile guide who makes the track on days 2–5 and prepares outdoor lunches
- Luggage transportation between accommodations
- Single-timed group airport transfers
- 5 x sauna, 1-2 x ice-swimming
- Bed linen and bath towels
- A good physical condition and previous experience of cross-country skiing is required to participate in this tour
- Outdoor equipment
- Leisure time clothing
- Skis, boots, and poles
- Rucksack (15-20 l)
- Thermos flask
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 1 week in advance of the start of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.